Sammy Davis, Junior, Junior.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Shoes + Internets + Robots = <3


Have you ever had a situation where you feel awkward about trying to explain to someone about a habit that may seem totally fine to you, but they just can't grasp the importance of it. I had this very experience with a good friend over the weekend while he helped me move.

So you know, there are boxes stacked everywhere. We're lifting, pushing, heaving, sweating, grunting, whining, etc. It's about 90 degrees... At one point we get to the clothes and shoes boxes. They're large, very large, and I have quite a few of them. As any good friend would he poked fun at the sheer amount of clothing that must be in those boxes, and I took it.

When we got to the box labeled "shoes" and he just stopped in his tracks. As I watched him staring at this box in awe he said "Uhh, that box is shoes?" "Yeah, shoes" "Wow man, that's a lot of shoes" "Yep, I like shoes". Though I have not taken time to study how many pair of shoes a man has on average in this region, or within a specific age demographic I surely do not feel like my shoe collection is that large. Anyway fast forward to today and I find this WONDERFUL story about Zappos employing an army of robots at their fulfillment warehouse. I don’t know about you but knowing that there is an army of robots that I can control by ordering shoes makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Besides, I need a nice cream colored slip on to go with my light khaki suit, right?


Found via: Engadget

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home