Sammy Davis, Junior, Junior.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

So many new toys, so little time.

So this last couple weeks have been pretty fun. Starting with AllofMP3, then Last.fm and now the Vista Beta (which I am in right now). Super fun!

I'm pondering the idea of writing up a short review of each of them just to give myself an idea if it is something I can do in the first place. The only thing on my mind right now is how much it is going to cost me to upgrade each of my boxes to Vista. I'm really hoping our boys in Redmond understand we're not made of money. Our friends down in Cupertino decided to start selling a "Family Pack" which includes 5 licenses for only $199.99, now that's a bargain! Of course, it's basically a yearly fee + your .Mac and whatever else they like to tack on, iPod, iLife, iWork, iEye, iAre, iYou, iMe...

Link and I were discussing this... I told him that they should sell me 3-5 copies for less than $300.00, call it a personal license pack or something. You know, can't be a business, can't buy more than this or some crap, can't resell it.... blah blah blah. I'm down with making a few bucks from the big business. How about making it easier for your consumers to move into this. He contended that this must have been at least talked about at Microsoft as, if we're thinking about it, some other guy(or girl...) must have already.

This is smooth, it feels like Windows. Though, if anything I'd like a damn shell, something with a command line. So I can say something to my friends using bash on a regular basis.

Oh well, I'm a point and clicker. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home